CONTROL HOW WE CONTACT YOU
SchoolMessenger will allow you to manage the phone numbers and email accounts that you wish to use to be notified as a parent/guardian. This piece is called Contact Manager. It allows you to decide which method you would like to use and to choose what phone numbers and/or which email addresses are used. It also acts as a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
In order to utilize this feature, simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
You do not need to do anything. Communication will continue as in the past. This is a option if you would like to add or remove phone numbers and emails.
Steps for setting up your account (there are visual steps linked below):
1. First, you will need your children’s student numbers.
2. Click on the following URL: https://accounts.relianceco.com/cm/?u=neycsd#login
If you have to type in the URL, you may use this one instead - http://goo.gl/1iSyXp
3. Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
5. Log in using your email address and password.
6. Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to add your children to your account. Click the, “Click here to begin” button. Select the option that says, “I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone,” and click Next. Add your children’s IDs.
7. Simply follow the instructions on the page to call in and activate your account. You will need to call into the system from the phone number associated with your children’s ID. (If there is no common phone number for your children, then add them one at a time.) The last three digits of the phones available to you are listed. If your current phone number is not listed, please contact your child’s building so you can have your information updated.
8. When you have finished activating your account, navigate to the Contacts tab and click the edit link to right of your child’s name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
[Note: We have locked the 1st phone number. Please contact the child’s building to make changes to your main phone number. We need to make sure that we can reach you.]
9. Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from email@example.com which contains a link that you can use to authenticate your email address with your account. Use your account password that you just set up to confirm the code.
10. To add more children who are attending NESD, click on the Contacts tab and add the Student ID’s. You will have to call and verify them as well.
11. Remember – if you change any of your main contact information, please also contact your building.
Thank you for signing up and we hope you enjoy the SchoolMessenger Contact Manager!
At any time you can simply go to contactme.schoolmessenger.com to access your account.
There is a link to Contact ME on the left side on the Northeastern School District web site.