INTERESTED IN RUNNING FOR SCHOOL BOARD?
Information for those interested in running for a School Board position for Northeastern York County School District
A School Board is comprised of nine elected residents who serve four-year terms of office. School Board Director positions are voluntary, non-paid positions elected for 4 year terms.
According to Pennsylvania School Code, School Board Directors must be:
- a citizen of Pennsylvania,
- at least 18 years of age,
- a school district resident for one year prior to election, and
- a person of good moral character.
Open seats for the upcoming election include:
Region 1- East Manchester Twp & York Haven Boro- current director seats held by Barbra Murdocca (2 year term) and Eric Hornberger
Region 2- Manchester Boro, Mount Wolf Boro & Newberry Twp - current director seat held by Constance Koerner
Region 3-Conewago Twp -1st & 2nd District - current director seats held by Margaret Walker & William Gingerich
Additional filled seats not up for re-election during this election cycle include:
Region 1- Christopher Leh
Region 2- Vanessa Snell & Kristin Stroup
Region 3 - K. Michael Redding
For anyone interested in running for a school board position, petitions will be available at the York County Department of Elections and Voter Registration office, York, PA, beginning February 16, 2021. Signatures must be collected and completed petitions returned, by March 9, 2021 in order to be placed on the ballot. The Municipal Primary is Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
- How to Run for Public Office in York County - York County Department of Elections and Voter Registration.
- How to Run for School Board - A Guide for School Board Candidates in Pennsylvania (PSBA)
- Information concerning the Northeastern School Board - Board of School Directors