Ellen Marquard, MSN, RN, CSNEmail: email@example.comOrendorf:717-266-5621,option 1Fax: 717-266-2058Middle School:717-266-3676,option 2Fax: 717-266-9735Welcome to the Orendorf and Northeastern Middle School nurse's website. Here you will find commonly used forms and updated health information.Stay healthy, Stay positive, Stay #Bobcat proud!See updated links on the left for new information regarding Coronavirus.
How can I protect myself and others?
The best prevention for COVID-19, the flu and colds, is to practice proper handwashing and respiratory etiquette. Help stop the spread of viruses by:
Current Immunization Laws Starting 2017/2018 School YearFor Attendance in all grades, children need the following:4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)2 doses of measles, mumps rubella3 doses of hepatitis B2 doses of varicella or evidence of immunityOn the first day of school, unless the child has a medical or religious/philosophical exemption, a child must have had atleast one dose of the above vaccinations or the student will not be allowed to start school.If a child does not have all the doses listed above, needs additional doses, and the next dose is medically appropriate, the child must receive that dose within the first five days of school or risk exclusion.If a child does note have all the doses listed above, needs additional doses, and the next dose is not medically appropriate, the child must provide a medical plan signed by a physician within the first 5 days of school. The medical plan must be followed or risk exclusionBeginning the school year 2017-2018, all 7th grade students are required to have the following immunizations:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones and other frequently touched items.
- If you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) if 5 years has elapsed since the last tetanus immunization
If these are not completed prior to the start of the school year, your child will not be permitted to start the first day of 7th grade.
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
Once we have received proof of immunization, your child’s health record can be updated and the child can return to school.
Please contact your school nurse with any questions.