Northeastern School District Volunteer Policy
Volunteers requiring clearances are at the discretion of the Superintendent.
To start the volunteer approval process, please download and print the Volunteer Handbook and Application You may also pick up a copy at the Administration Center (41 Harding Street, Manchester) or at any school office. Please see the check list below and the additional forms needed to complete the Volunteer Application.
- Obtain a PA State Criminal History Background Check (Act 34). You may complete and mail the form or you can visit https://epatch.state.pa.us. Click here for instructions. No fee for volunteers. We recommend you complete this on line.
- Obtain a PA Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151). You may complete and mail the form of visit https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS for a quicker response. Be sure to indicate that you are applying as a volunteer.
- Prospective volunteers that have been a resident of Pennsylvania during the entirety of the previous ten-year period complete the Volunteer Verification for exemption from FBI, Federal Criminal History Clearance.
- Prospective volunteers that have been NOT been a resident of Pennsylvania during the entirety of the previous ten-year period complete the FBI Federal Criminal History Clearance. There is a fee for this clearance.
- If you will be volunteering 10 or more hours a week, you will need to obtain a tuberculin (TB) test from your physician. Please submit these results with your application.
- Complete the Volunteer Information Form.
- Read and sign the Volunteer Agreement Form.
- Read and sign the Release of Liability and Indemnity Contract.
- Read and sign the Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (Act 24)
- Review this checklist to be sure you have the necessary paperwork and clearances (new link preparing your packet guidelines)
Return the above information (including copies of the results of both clearances and the TB test, if applicable) to the Administration Center at 41 Harding Street in Manchester.
Please note: Clearance results may take 6-8 weeks, unless you complete them electronically. Once the completed registration forms, clearances, and TB test results have been reviewed, you will receive notification that you are eligible for volunteering and you can begin your volunteer service immediately. Anyone without the approved paperwork on file will not be permitted to volunteer. Please call (717) 266-3667 ext. 10140 if you have any questions.
Thank you for taking the time to complete these important steps. Your enthusiasm and interest in being involved in the education of our students is greatly appreciated. We hope you enjoy volunteering within the Northeastern School District!