Scholarships & Enrichment Opportunities
Monthly Scholarship Bulletin (these can be York County, State, or National).The Northeastern Scholarship Foundation applications are typically available in January or early February.Best Online Scholarship Search Platforms - Lists online scholarship search services. Looks like a great resourceSummer Enrichment ProgramsEngineering Innovation at Johns HopkinsWe want to meet your Northeastern Senior High School students!
The Johns Hopkins Engineering Innovation Summer (EI) Program is looking for motivated high school students interested in learning more about a career in engineering.
EI is the summer version of a freshman course offered to undecided engineering majors at JHU. We have condensed the semester-long course into four weeks. During the program, students complete lab activities in computer, chemical, electrical, computer, civil, mechanical engineering, materials science and robotics. They also prepare a presentation in response to a Request for Proposal, learn about engineering economics, write a research paper, build a spaghetti bridge, and have the opportunity to earn college credit.
Please take time to view a short video to hear from our past students. This video is found on our website: https://ei.jhu.edu/engineering-overview-video/.
This course is rigorous, and students must have As and Bs in their high school math and science classes. They also must have taken the following subjects to be eligible to apply:
- Algebra II
- Lab Science (physics, chemistry, or biology)
- Trigonometry, or have learned to use the trig functions – up through the application of the laws of sines and cosines to resolve non-right angle triangles in another math course
- Most students are rising Juniors and Seniors in high school
Gettysburg College is excited to offer several opportunities for high school juniors and sophomores to attend academic camps over the summer months. Subjects include psychology, American government, history, creative writing, or information technology. Please find information to share with your students about our academic camps below:
- Camp Psych - Campers will get hands-on experiences that introduce them to research in psychology during this fun, challenging, and engaging introduction to the field.
- Campaigns and Elections Academy - This program is designed for highly-motivated students who have a strong interest in American campaigns and elections. Participants learn about the origins and evolution of democracy in America and gain hands-on experiences related to modern political campaigns.
- Writing Camp - Students gain an in-depth introduction to all four genres of creative writing: fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and writing for stage and screen.
- 3D Object Modeling and Printing Camp - Students will study 3D object modeling and printing starting with the basics of a 3D printer. After learning the fundamentals, they will practice designing objects.
- Coding for Robotics & Electronics Camp - Students will gain hands-on experiences in coding, wiring, hardware, and building robots through the open source software known as Arduino. Throughout this camp, campers will learn basic electrical engineering, the physics behind electricity, and how to think like a scientist.
- Civil War Institute Summer Conference - The High School Student Scholarship component of Gettysburg College's annual Civil War Institute summer conference provides high school students an opportunity to explore the history of the Civil War era on the site of the war's most decisive battle.
Would you be able to share the scholarship resource with your students? While our scholarship will be closing at the end of January, there’s still many scholarships on our scholarship page that close out later in 2018.
You can find ours here: https://nurse.org/healthcare-l
And the list of additional healthcare scholarships is located here: https://nurse.org/scholarships
/Authority Media Has Made Us Aware of the Following ScholarshipsHello,
It is with great pleasure that I announce three scholarship
opportunities for your seniors this year.1. The first scholarship is the Animation Career Review "Aspiring Animation Professional" Scholarship. This $1000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student interested in pursuing an animation related degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit AnimationCareerReview.com to find eligibility information along with an online application. This is the seventh year we have offered this scholarship.2. The second scholarship is the Fashion Schools "Aspiring Fashion Professional" Scholarship. This $1000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student interested in pursuing a fashion degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit Fashion-Schools.org to find eligibility information along with an online application. This is the fifth year we have offered this scholarship.
3. The third scholarship is the Online MBA Report "Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit OnlineMBAReport.com to find eligibility information along with an online application. This is the third year we have offered this scholarship.
The deadline for all three scholarships is June 1, 2018.
If possible, please include a reference to our three scholarship programs on your school's scholarship page. Also, feel free to share these scholarship opportunities on Twitter or Facebook at your discretion. If you are not the contact person, please pass along this info to the appropriate person.
If you have any questions, please contact me directly.
Sincerely,Brad PrescottManaging EditorScholarships for Students Pursuing Computer-Related Education/Careers
ComputerScience.org is part of a new initiative to grow the next generation of developers, engineers and network administrators. Obviously, an education in CS is the first step to a successful career. To help students like yours offset degree costs when they head to college, we’ve developed a curated list of scholarships available only to students in CS programs.
- Computer Science scholarship resource - curated scholarship listing for CS students, broken down by type of organization providing the scholarships
ComputerScience.org was created to help meet the demand for qualified computer scientists in the workforce. We provide an in-depth overview of the field – including education – and serve as an introduction for the next generation of programmers, engineers and developers.New Resource!College Board's Big Future Scholarship Search: Over 6 Billion Dollars of Scholarships Listed:Other Resources!
Search for scholarships nationwide via fastweb.com.